Saturday, December 5, 2009

Destination China

saying goodbye
chasing the sun around the world


We got to share the wonderful gospel of Jesus with Albert

So happy to be in Beijing!



Dear Family and Friends,

We have just arrived in Beijing and are safely in our hotel! Praise the Lord for a safe journey and a few miracles along the way. Around 6 am on Thursday morning, we were headed to the Charlotte airport via I-20. After hearing a loud crash, we stopped the car to discover that our hard top luggage carrier was GONE from the top of the car. It was definitely a stressful situation to be in trying to get to the airport! We prayed as we backed up down the shoulder of the interstate (do not try this stunt at home) searching for the luggage rack. After what felt like a mile, there it was laying on the SIDE of the road with all of the luggage strewn all around it yet still on the side of the road. We praise God that no one got hurt, that all of the luggage was recovered unscathed and that I now know what to get Peter for Christmas (new ratchet straps!) God's hand was certainly on that luggage.

We enjoyed the flight tremendously as we enjoyed talking with a new friend, Albert, from Taiwan. We also got to know a few families traveling with us and share in the extreme excitement we are all feeling. We also had lots of time for Peter and I to visit on the 15 hour flight. We flew over the Arctic and the recorded wind temperature got down to 90 degrees below zero.. Burrr...our windows were iced over to say the least.

Beijing is huge and we look forward to a day tomorrow filled with sightseeing and adventure. We will be with the 25 families in our group all day tomorrow. We can never thank you enough for your prayers and support. Time to get some sleep- I can't believe I'm still awake...it's been over 30 hours since we slept- an all time record for me. It's amazing what adrenaline will do.

In the joy of the Lord,
Nancy and Peter

2 comments:

Hershel Hancock said...

Peter and Nancy,
At 4 I told Caleb today would be the day Sam's mama and baba get Rosalie. If you follow the same schedule we had, you must be at the airport crazy with excitement! When I wake up tonight and can't sleep, I will pray for you! Tears of excitement for you remembering our time at the airport waiting for our flight to Caleb! Much love, Cindy Ps.94:19

Anonymous said...

Pete and Nancy,

Just want you to know that we are so happy for your family with the newest addition coming soon.We are praying for you each and every day that things go well and that you come back safely. God is forever faithful and He will be with you each step of the way. So glad that your luggage was not hurt.
Love you,
Penny Hayes